Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009

New Year's Eve

On New Year's Eve we spent time with our two families.
Chi Oanh's (sister-in-law) New Year's Eve home decoration style is puristic and beautiful. The violet tulips and the other violet flowers matched well with the white amaryllis, which are quite typical for this season. Amyaryllis are my favourite flowers of winter. The drawings are made by Anh Bàng.


This is typical in Germany: We drink sparkling wine (we don't call it champagne if it's not original from Champagne) and eat "Berliners", in some regions they call is "Krapfen". It's similar to donuts, but without a hole the middle. Cô Ba (Aunt-In-Law) call it "Bánh Tiêu Đừơng".

Me & my son

We kept lunch simple and practical is year. We didn't roll the summer rolls at the table, but rolled it before, so we had just to eat.. :-) It didn't take much time, but someway I miss this razzle-dazzle at the table, where everyone is busy... take this and that...rolling while talking and munching.

The whole family at lunch.
(Click on photos to enlarge.)

Unlike others, family Le like the puristic style of a christmas tree. There is a cute photocard showing the kids of Dinh & Thu from Washington D.C.

In the evening we went to my family...to Aunt Phượng for dinner.

There were some friends of Vivi, too.

Brother Kỳ and friend Khôi. Two handsome guys.


Uncle Danh (friend of family) delivered a short speech.

Chú Danh took this photo. It's my fav pic of us 3. I think I'm gonna take this pic for Hub's and my purse. So far I haven't got any pics of my family in my purse!

Look! Leon clinked glasses, too!


We had a very delicious "Lẩu" (fire pot or fondue)...
...with every kind of seafood and vegetables.

Mum, Chú Danh, Cô Mỹ


Leon & Mum

Shortly before midnight we came back to Hubby's family. Aunt Út is looking very fresh here.
Hub, me, Văn & Friends and Lâm were on the streets to enjoy and set off fireworks. It was bitter cold, I guess about -5°C. I put on 4 pullovers + warm jacket. The rest of the family including Vỹ & Hân stayed at home. These two were not allowed to set off fireworks due to risk of injury.

After midnight it was party time for Văn. He celebrated his 17th birthday.


"This is for Thien, not for you!"

"Ok ok..."

This dress "áo dài" is suiting Chi Oanh well. The colour RED is used to bring good fortune.


"Happy new year!"

Keine Kommentare: