Montag, 27. April 2009

Hubby's Birthday


Oh my god, my last post was from a month ago! I was so busy the last weeks that I can hardly answer all of my emails or post something new. This was the cake for Hubby. He loves cars, so I decorated the cake with a Porsche Cayman, a Mercedes SLK and a Porsche 911. I wish I could shape the cars with fondant, but 1st I can't and 2nd I didn't have time to try it, cause the birthday organisation (cleaning up, cooking, decorating etc.) for 12 people was time consuming enough. The cake was filled with a light mandarines buttercream.

After I baked and filled the cake with a light mandarines buttercream I covered it with an american buttercream, especially for fondant cakes...to make it even. You can't make a fondant cake without that covering.

Then I covered the whole cake with a thin layer of fondant and made it smooth with a fondant smoother.

Voilà! It's now like a canvas for a painter!

A snapshot of the buffet. They seemed to have fun. We celebrated till 5 am with loud karaoke music and thanks God I have very nice and tolerant neighbours who didn't say anything or call the police! Even my friends were astonished by that tolerance. I think if you are the whole year nice, friendly and good neighbours you can do that once a year without anybody being bothered about it.

5 Kommentare:

Na hat gesagt…

great...wonderful...fair and beautiful...

Jörg hat gesagt…

@Hung: Herzlichen Glückwunsch (nachträglich) :-).

@"Ally": Mhhh, Buffet und Torte sehen aber lecker aus. Besonders die Torte ist ja ein wahres Kunstwerk! Mag Hung etwa Sportwagen?

Ich hoffe, es geht Euch dreien gut. Viele Grüße!

ChiMai hat gesagt…
Der Kommentar wurde von einem Blog-Administrator entfernt.
Ally ML hat gesagt…

@Na
Danke danke! Das Essen bei euch war heute so lecker!

@Jörg
Ja, er mag schöne Autos...Guckt auch ab und zu Formel 1.
Uns geht es gut, danke! Wir sehen uns ja im Juni!

@ChiMai
Ich schreibe auf Englisch, weil es einige Verwandte, Bekannte und Bloggerfreunde auf der ganzen Welt gibt, die meinen Blog lesen und kein Deutsch verstehen...außerdem rostet mein Englisch so nicht ein und evtl. kann ich es sogar verbessern. Danke fürs Lob!

ChiMai hat gesagt…

Oh...alles Liebe zum Geburtstag nachträglich!
Chi Ally, warum schreibst Du denn Deine Texte immer auf englisch ?

ChiMai

PS: Deine Torten sind wundervoll (: