Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009

5-minute-lunch

Usually Hub has lunch in the canteen, but today he spontaneously wanted to eat at home. Fortunately, he wanted just sticky rice with an omelette. As it is such a simple and boring meal I jazz it up a little bit.
Heart Onigiris, omelette, carrot flowers and broccoli floret, served with some roasted peanuts.

This onigiri (rice ball) heart shaper I bought from a japanese onlineshop 2 month ago.

1. Form the onigiris with a shaper.
2. Cut the carrot into flowers.
3. Steam the broccoli (with a mini microwave steamer)
4. Make an omelette.
That's it. It took me just 5 minutes to do that (without the cooking time of the rice).

This is one of my favourite kitchen stuff: a mini microwave steamer (photo by Biggie).
Biggie blogs about speed bento (lunch in a box) and is very inspiring for me. With this mini steamer you save so much time!!! I also use it for Dim Sum. Just put 4 or 6 frozen "Ha Gao" (dumplings with prawns) into the steamer, fill it with a tsp water and nuke for 3 minutes. Then enjoy this delicious meal!
(DIM SUM "Ha Gao" photo by Ah Mandy Wong)

My rice cooker! It was a present of some friends last birthday and I wouldn't want to miss it! It can cook white, brown, sushi rice, mixed rice (e.g. with vegetables and meat) and even Cháo (congee). It's also a perfect cooker for Leon's baby porridge.

Keine Kommentare: