Montag, 12. April 2010

My generous son!

The name of my blog is mangolady, because I love mangos. The mango is the king of fruits (the durian is for me just the vice president!). But I just like mangos from Southeast Asia. The imported mangos you get here in Germany are not delicious. I'd rather not eat them, because the sorts in Germany and the sorts in Vietnam...they are like different fruits, like apples and pears! My Dad was on vacation in Vietnam and brought 2 mangos for me. They are so precious...more than gold and silver for me. :-) I like Terri's blog post about mangos best. She wrote: "When I eat a good mango, I understand Adam's temptation. I'm sure that forbidden fruit must've been the mango! How can it be a bland fruit like the apple?!" She is absolutely right!

Look at this video. Leon is eating the mango my dad brought from Vietnam and he is really charitable!



3 Kommentare:

di Na hat gesagt…

hahaha...du bist der Beste Leon;)

terri hat gesagt…

what do u think of the alfonso mangoes? we ate some this time, i can't remember where, n they were creamy, sweet n flavorful. our luzon mangoes aren't as creamy but the flavor is better.

high 5 on our love for mangoes!

Ally ML hat gesagt…

@terri
I don't know the alfonso mangoes. Maybe I've eaten them in Vietnam?! The best mango I ate was "xoai cat" (vietnamese name). It looks likes like the luzon mango.